WE'VE MOVED!

WE'VE MOVED!  PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE: Oh My Gluestick

Monday, February 9, 2009

Sock Monkey Party From Favor Bags to Smash Cake Toppers

 
****************************UPDATE effective November 2012***********************
Sock Monkey Cake Topper are back in the shop.  I am no longer making these with salt dough, but polymer clay instead.  The design is still exactly the same, just a more durable and easier to work with medium.  Get your cake topper by clicking here or email me for a custom piece.

Make your very own sock monkey shirt with my free tutorial.  Click here to get started.
****************************UPDATE effective November 2012***********************

If you're here, you've already decided on a sock monkey party. The tricky party is picking your favorite designs! Click here to take a look at what we have listed in Oh My Gluestick's shop or keep scrolling down. You are sure to find your favorite! Any design can be customized as well as something from scratch. Just ask!  Any design can be created as a package as well.  Matching goods include {though not limited to}:

Invitations
Thank you notes
Party circles
Banners
Pennant banners
High chair banner
Door signs
Buffet labels
Gift tags
Water bottle labels
Candy bar labels


Choose one of the above or keep scrolling to see the samples below.

And don't forget the magnets! These are great for giveaways and keepsakes. These are brand new to the shop and they come in a set of 6!
*effective 2012 these are temporarily unavailable*

UPDATE! New Printable DIY Sock Monkey Party kits now available here

*effective 2012 these are temporarily unavailable*

This year, for my son's first birthday we threw him a sock monkey party. For Halloween last year, he was a sock monkey {super adorable!} and the image of him has stuck with me since. Every time I see a sock monkey, I melt and think of my sweet little boy.

When it came to planning the party, I had a really hard time finding anything sock monkey party related! So, I rolled up my sleeves and designed the entire party from start to finish myself from favor bags to his smash cake topper.

The invitations

 

 



 



 
 
 




 
The favor bags are tiny and perfect; just enough to hold a few small treats and not worry other mommies with, "What in the world will I do with this?" I designed a special and unique favor bag for each tiny guest. No one had the same one. They each had a hand designed tag with their name on it and were filled with a few Hershey kisses, a swirly straw {huge hit and 99 cents for a box of assorted colors at Walmart in the party isle}, a mini kazoo {my son's absolute favorite instrument}, and a handmade sock monkey fridge magnet on top of homemade crinkle paper. Thank you tags were tucked inside for each guest.

Favor Bags
OMG has designed so many varieties and face of sock monkey. We can substitute any of our designs for the embellishments of favor bags, hats, and more! Just ask!
*effective 2012 these are temporarily unavailable*
Thank you tags
*effective 2012 these are temporarily unavailable*
Sock Monkey Fridge Magnet party favors
*effective 2012 these are temporarily unavailable*All the guests signed a sock monkey autograph matte I put together at the last minute. I am so glad that I have this for his scrapbook!
*effective 2012 these are temporarily unavailable*
We served our guests cupcakes and adorned them with sock monkey cupcake pics that I made to match the favor bags.




He had a sock monkey banner mommy made with love. The boy even had his own smash cake with a handmade sock monkey cake topper holding a 1.
After all was said and done, these handmade thank you notes were mailed to the guests thanking them for their presence and presents. Most of everything you see here is available here. If it's not there and you want it, just ask. I can duplicate anything in this post custom for your party.

From Showers to Birthday Parties, We've got sock monkeys covered!





































































3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    These are fantastic. Can you tell me where you found the banana paper for the bags? I've been looking everywhere for paper like this. You are very talented, and it looks like you have a blast!
    You can email me at rebecca.chelmick@me.com

    I look forward to hearing from you!
    Cheers
    Rebecca Chelmick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! We love monkeys (we call our daughter monkey!)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! You thought of so many ways to make this special. My favorite part is the little monkey pics on sticks!

    ReplyDelete

We have moved to http://ohmygluestick.com. Come on by for a visit and to see our new look!

Sock Monkey Party

Sock Monkey Party
For the love of all things sock monkey

Please do not copy pictures or reprint material on this blog without my consent