WE'VE MOVED!

WE'VE MOVED!  PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE: Oh My Gluestick

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beautiful Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries {for the kids}

This was such a fun, messy craft to do with my little ones. I had seen this in a magazine with tissue paper, but couldn't find orange tissue anywhere. I figured party napkins would work well and the texture turned out so cool! They are bumpy like warty gourds. I bet crepe paper would be super cool too!



Supplies: Napkins, Mod Podge, Jars, Brushes. Prepare to get messy!Cut the napkins in to strips.Apply a small amount of Mod Podge at a time. Enough for one strip at a time.Overlap strips all away around jar to completely cover.You may have to help the smaller kids.So it doesn't have gaps like this. =)When it's all covered, let it dry.Once dry, cover completely in another layer of Mod Podge.Add embelishments of your choice in black paper.

I used the Cricut to cut out the shapes the kids wanted.




Fill with rice just enough to be able to insert and light a tea light.

1 comment:

  1. These are great, and so easy. I am going to use the smaller jars and make one for each of my Halloween party guests next year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

We have moved to http://ohmygluestick.com. Come on by for a visit and to see our new look!

Sock Monkey Party

Sock Monkey Party
For the love of all things sock monkey

Please do not copy pictures or reprint material on this blog without my consent